well now we can't be freinds
Nov. 18th, 2016 09:43 am... K, my beloved husband, just revealed to me that he doesn't like Peonies for our garden because they are "old lady" flowers.
I reminded him that's i'm an old lady and PEONIES AND ROSES FOREVER!! (and tomatoes and herbs of course). fuck outta my garden, go sand some trim or some shit.
Also, my mom it turns out had saved a ton of stuff in preparations for our new house. some of it wasn't quite to my taste* but the more functional things we got from her (including a great coffee table and a bureau with really gorgeous and intricate woodwork that my parents got from the Grandparent's house after they died) so I did not have to buy much.
I was able to show people at work the colors we are painting based on the leftover paint on my arms this morning ... whoops!
*like the silver plate utensils. she has a whole case of the stuff and if there is ONE thing i never want to do ever again it's polish fucking silver!!
I reminded him that's i'm an old lady and PEONIES AND ROSES FOREVER!! (and tomatoes and herbs of course). fuck outta my garden, go sand some trim or some shit.
Also, my mom it turns out had saved a ton of stuff in preparations for our new house. some of it wasn't quite to my taste* but the more functional things we got from her (including a great coffee table and a bureau with really gorgeous and intricate woodwork that my parents got from the Grandparent's house after they died) so I did not have to buy much.
I was able to show people at work the colors we are painting based on the leftover paint on my arms this morning ... whoops!
*like the silver plate utensils. she has a whole case of the stuff and if there is ONE thing i never want to do ever again it's polish fucking silver!!
no subject
Date: 2016-11-18 05:05 pm (UTC)(Sorry, K, I'm on the side of peonies, pansies, and coleus!)
<3!
no subject
Date: 2016-11-18 08:42 pm (UTC)*don't anyone suggest we bring it indoors, Elizabeth is hell on plants! We'd have to suspend it Mission Impossible style from the middle of the ceiling and even then i doubt it would take her long to somehow destroy it, that girl can jump!
no subject
Date: 2016-11-18 05:28 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-11-18 08:38 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-11-18 07:30 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-11-18 08:38 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-11-18 08:36 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-11-18 08:37 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-11-19 09:39 pm (UTC)It's not silver, it's stainless steel! So I took it.